Join future ventures to Shanghai and Guilin area. Anticipated 11-day small group journeys will take place in Spring and Autumn 2022, depending on world travel restrictions in 2021. Trip format and destinations can be seen below:
See and experience the Other China, not as a westernized tourist event or what you hear about in the media, but the real deal.
Shawn Russell takes you on the journey of a lifetime, where you will find yourself in two very fascinating and distinctly different areas of China: Shanghai – The Pearl of the Orient and the country’s largest city, and Guilin – a third-tier city of lush, green, karst landscape in the deep south.
In traveling to China, whether for the first or the tenth time, you’re bound to experience newness and connection to the place and people. Exploring narrow city lanes, visiting vegetable markets, making jiaozi (Chinese dumplings) in a home environment, walking the trails of a Yao mountain village, riding a bullet train across diverse terrain, eating new and surprising foods, and learning to bargain in Mandarin for souvenirs are just a handful of the unique experiences awaiting you on this trip.
Join me for a small group sojourn to a distant land.
To be announced at a future time, depending on the state of the world. Trips are typically held in late October and April/May, when the weather is mild and tourism is not at its peak (trips span 11 days and 10 nights).
To be announced at a later date. Estimated costs are 2500€/person.
The following are covered by the total trip price:
- All accommodation (shared standard double room)
- Most meals
- All in-country group transportation
- Cultural experiences and entrance fees
- Interpretation and guide
- Chinese lessons
- One professional full body or foot massage
- Yin /Yang Yoga
Not covered by total trip price:
- Roundtrip airfare to Shanghai from your point of origin
- China visa
- Travel insurance
- Transportation from the Shanghai airport to hotel, and from hotel back to airport
- Approximately three meals during the trip
- Gifts, personal purchases
- Shanghai – a city of 25M people. The Former French Concession, The Bund
- Travel to the deep south of China on a high-speed train, crossing three provinces and transversing breathtaking scenery
- Guilin – a beautiful, small city in the lush south. Karst limestone hills, the Li River and delicious local cuisine
- Yangshuo – a bustling, small town south of Guilin and the quiet countryside surrounding it. Moon Hill, Yulong River, water buffalo and local farming communities
- The Longsheng Dragon Rice Terraces just north of Guilin. Yao minority mountain village in jaw-dropping landscape. Perhaps the best tasting, freshest rice you’ve ever had
- Guided by Shawn Russell, an American fluent in Mandarin and who has spent twelve years living in China
- Mandarin lessons to enhance your travel experience and to connect with people
- Yoga classes with Shawn for any level/body
- One professional Chinese full-body or foot reflexology massage
- A unique glimpse of the real China
For more information or to sign up, please contact me below: