May 20 – 30, 2019
- Shanghai – a city of 25M people. The Former French Concession, The Bund
- Travel to the deep south of China on a high-speed train, crossing three provinces and transversing breathtaking scenery
- Guilin – a beautiful, small city in the lush south. Karst limestone hills, the Li River and delicious local cuisine
- Yangshuo – a bustling, small town south of Guilin and the quiet countryside surrounding it. Moon Hill, Yulong River, water buffalo and local farming communities
- The Longsheng Dragon Rice Terraces just north of Guilin. Yao minority mountain village in jaw-dropping landscape. Perhaps the best tasting, freshest rice you’ve ever had
- Guided by Shawn Russell, an American fluent in Mandarin and who has spent twelve years living in China
- Mandarin lessons to enhance your travel experience and to connect with people
- Yoga classes with Shawn for any level/body
- One professional Chinese full-body or foot reflexology massage
- A unique glimpse of the real China
Sign up by
Feb 20, 2019 March 20, 2019 and receive 10% early bird discount: 1700EUR (1940USD).
Full price after March 21, 2019: 1870EUR (2134USD).
Nonrefundable deposit of 50% due at time of sign up.
Final 50% due 30 days before trip begins.
Payment can be made with PayPal, or by bank transfer to US, German or Chinese account.
Trip price includes:
- 10 nights of accommodation at 4-star hotels (in Shanghai, Guilin and Yangshuo) and at a local guesthouse in the rice terraces of Longsheng (shared double rooms)
- All meals from breakfast on May 21 to final breakfast on May 30, excluding one lunch and dinner (to be specified on the itinerary). *Alcoholic beverages are not covered
- All group transportation within China, inclusive of trains, flights, buses, taxis, ferries, metro, etc. *The cost of transport from Shanghai airport to hotel and hotel back to airport are one’s own responsibility
- Cultural experiences and entrance fees
- Interpretation and guide costs
- Chinese lessons offered by Shawn over the course of the trip. Booklet of terms and expressions included
- One professional full body or foot massage
- Yin and Hatha Yoga with group guide, Shawn Russell
Not included in trip price:
- Roundtrip airfare to Shanghai from your point of origin
- China visa. (Cost varies depending on nationality and number of entries. Visa application details will be provided by February 2019.)
- Travel insurance
- Transportation from the Shanghai airport to hotel, and from hotel back to airport
- Meals on the day of arrival (May 20) and any meals after the closing breakfast on May 30. Additionally, the group members will be responsible for the cost of one lunch and dinner on the trip, when they can eat where they please. The times of these two meals will be specified on the itinerary
- Anything personal, i.e. gifts, alcoholic beverages, activities not included on the group itinerary, etc.